|Hi. Welcome to my talk page. Feel free to post a message below.|
How come project pages are showing up when you click random page? Deesnuts (talk) 13:52, 6 July 2019 (UTC)
- I will look into it. -- DarkShadow talk contribs 22:08, 11 July 2019 (UTC)
I have some changes to this menu, if you'd like to take a look. User:Deesnuts/Monaco Sidebar --Deesnuts (talk) 16:03, 11 July 2019 (UTC)
- Incorporated, nice job -- DarkShadow talk contribs 22:08, 11 July 2019 (UTC)
wikidev ssl expiration
you can still access the site using chrome by typing the phrase "thisisunsafe" straight into your browser when presented with the HSTS error.
you might also use wget to dump portions of the site by passing the appropriate flag to ignore SSL problems — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk)
- Thx, works great
- -- DarkShadow talk contribs 17:10, 22 October 2019 (UTC)
Migration from wikidevi
I was a frequent contributor to wikidevi and now that it seems it will be gone soon I'd like to help move my contributions. Do you have a quick outline of how you would like the data migrated? Please let me know how I can assist.
--RayKnight (talk) 05:53, 28 October 2019 (UTC)
- Right now I'm just doing a raw copy and paste, my intestion are to get as much copied before the shutdown. Then once its down work on this wiki.
- -- DarkShadow talk contribs 11:54, 28 October 2019 (UTC)
- Best place to start would be the devices in these categories or any you don't see in this wiki.
- -- DarkShadow talk contribs 13:34, 28 October 2019 (UTC)
hi, thanks for keeping wikidevi data alive. May I ask how can we download all data without crawling your pages? Wikidevi provided daily dumps and history over web archive, how can we download the daily dump from here?— Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) happy holidays
- not that i am aware of---- DarkShadow talk contribs 15:31, 23 December 2019 (UTC)
Thanks for your work. By the way, I'm worried about your post that the history is not inherited when copying from WikiDevi. This may not meet the CC BY-SA 3.0 attribution.--Fi514 (talk) 14:03, 5 January 2020 (UTC)
- I made no such post. -- DarkShadow talk contribs 15:03, 5 January 2020 (UTC)
bubba destroy (in progress)
Moved to your talk page, it belongs there. Thx -- DarkShadow talk contribs 01:07, 4 February 2020 (UTC)
New page D-Link DSL-2750B rev B1
Hi & thanks for your informative page on the D-Link DSL-2750B rev T1.
I have the same router, but hardware revision B1, and have made a similar page by copying T1 and making the appropriate changes.
I wondered if you might have a look at it and let me know where my wiki style could be improved.
I have a couple of questions:
- For cpu1model and cpu1modelfull I've used BMIPS4350 and BCM63281 (the CPU and the Soc) instead of BCM62381 for both. Is this right? In general, is there a more verbose description of what each named field's contents should be?
- I've commented out the empty sections instead of leaving a load of bare headers and Empty Section boxes, as that seems clearer to me and less noisy. However, if the house style is to leave empty sections inviting people to fill them, I'll be happy to revert to that.
Thanks again - I'll be happy to populate the wiki with other models and variants that come my way, as it seems an excellent repository of device-specific info.
Martinwguy (talk) 14:05, 21 August 2020 (UTC)
- Looks good, gets the job done. I'm alittle OCD when it comes to what the pages look like. Don't take it personal. As far as the chips, I've not heard of a BMIPS4350, you sure its not a BCM4350? Since you have this device maybe some internal pics? I think its alot easier for people to add info if the sections are already there.
- -- DarkShadow talk contribs 15:01, 21 August 2020 (UTC)
I understand as I maintain a wiki myself. I'll revert to the standard list of headings with Empty boxes. The physical chip is a BCM63281 which integrates a MIPS4350 CPU, the DSL logic, ethernet controllers, a USB controller and so on. I suppose it depends what you mean by "CPU" but I'll stick to the standard physical-chip system. Otherwise i'd have to go and find out which CPU there is in every other SoC in the wiki and modify 1143 pages! Blessings & thanks again Martinwguy (talk) 17:39, 21 August 2020 (UTC)
I have Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 (3160HMW) and can provide photos about it. Are there any conventions about the photos---for instance, "prepare a white sheet and take a photo with the product on it", "photos should be at least xxx resolution", and so on?
Finally, thank you for creating such a great wiki. I finally find out the official product name of my gadget!--CmplstofB (talk) 10:33, 6 December 2020 (UTC)
- Nope no conventions, there is an 8mb upload limit.-- DarkShadow talk contribs 00:59, 7 December 2020 (UTC)
Request Database dump for standalone use
Hello Dark, I have a need for a standalone copy of the database. Meaning I will be working on routers in a lab environment where I dont/cant access the internet. Would it be possible for you to provide a dump of the wiki so I can run it on my standalone laptop?
Appreciate your consideration, Prof. DRC— Preceding unsigned comment added by Drcjhu (talk • contribs)
- sorry, i don't have that option available to me.
- please sign your posts with
- -- DarkShadow talk contribs 01:30, 28 March 2021 (UTC)
Use your router flashing procedures for FreshTomato wiki?
Would you be willing to let me copy your HOWTO for flashing Tomato
such as this: http://en.techinfodepot.shoutwiki.com/wiki/ASUS_RT-N12_rev_A1
to the FreshTomato wiki?
Thanks either way.— Preceding unsigned comment added by 2607:F2C0:92F0:F100:80DD:423C:5EF2:926F (talk)
- Absolutely, go right ahead -- DarkShadow talk contribs 19:42, 30 May 2021 (UTC)
Re: Editing Templates
> Please do not edit templates unless you know what your doing, I am currently add the info to the proper page.-- DarkShadow talk contribs 19:39, 7 June 2021 (UTC)
Uups, sorry. I guess, I didn't quite get how exactly this all works... Thanks! --Sumo (talk • contribs) 03:56, June 7, 2021 (UTC)
2.5G WAN + 2.5G LAN
ASUS router support 2.5G WAN + 2.5G LAN + 1G LAN / 10G WAN + 10G LAN + 1G LAN, how can i add it?
- show me on a device page -- DarkShadow talk contribs 02:15, 11 November 2021 (UTC)
- I am not privy to the specs, so which one has what ? -- DarkShadow talk contribs 03:49, 11 November 2021 (UTC)
GT-AX6000:1 x 2.5G WAN + 1 x 2.5G LAN + 4 x 1G LAN
ZenWiFi-XT12:1 x 2.5G WAN + 1 x 2.5G LAN + 2 x 1G LAN
RAX120:1 x 5G WAN + 1 x 1G WAN + 4 x 1G LAN
GT-AXE16000:1 x 10G WAN + 1 x 10G LAN + 4 x 1G LAN
RT-AX89X:1 x 10G WAN + 1 x 1G WAN + 1 x 10G SFP(WAN/LAN) + 8 x 1G LAN
Add all 2.5/5/10G to wan_ports and all 1G WAN to lan_ports?
- All set just waiting for server to propagate, could i get you to sign your posts. -- DarkShadow talk contribs 15:04, 11 November 2021 (UTC)
How do I get photos to show up on the Belkin WeMo Mini Smart Plug (F7C063)? Nothing I do seems to work.--DarkMatter (talk) 18:37, 29 March 2022 (UTC)
- fixed -- DarkShadow talk contribs 18:59, 29 March 2022 (UTC)
- Thanks! --DarkMatter (talk) 19:35, 29 March 2022 (UTC)
- fixed -- DarkShadow talk contribs 18:59, 29 March 2022 (UTC)
Just a quick one, further to your tickets. Fingers crossed, it looks like it's now fairly steady. Performance isn't quite dialled in as we've had to tweak a bunch of things, but hopefully, all the caches will stabilise overnight (UTC), and it'll all be good tomorrow. As one of the bigger sites, let me know if you do spot any issues, other than any moderate performance concerns (as the DB is taking a beating currently with all the schema changes taking place in the background.)
--Lewis Cawte (talk) 23:28, 27 February 2023 (UTC)