multiple revisions of this device, use caution
Ethernet ADSL Modem|
|Brand • Model • Rev||
Siemens SpeedStream 4200
Texas Instruments TNETD7300A
2 MiB2,097,152 B <br />16,384 Kib <br />2,048 KiB <br />16 Mib <br />0.00195 GiB <br />
16 MiB16,777,216 B <br />131,072 Kib <br />16,384 KiB <br />128 Mib <br />0.0156 GiB <br />
Texas Instruments TNETD7300A
|Ethernet Port Count||
|Expansion IF types||
|USB Hub Compatible||
12 VDC, 0.5 A
|(Est.) release date||
01 March 2004|
|Country of manuf||
| ||CPU1 brand||FLA1||RAM1|
|Siemens SpeedStream 4100||Texas Instruments||2 MiB2,097,152 B <br />16,384 Kib <br />2,048 KiB <br />16 Mib <br />0.00195 GiB <br />||8 MiB8,388,608 B <br />65,536 Kib <br />8,192 KiB <br />64 Mib <br />0.00781 GiB <br />|
|Siemens SpeedStream 4200||Texas Instruments||2 MiB2,097,152 B <br />16,384 Kib <br />2,048 KiB <br />16 Mib <br />0.00195 GiB <br />||16 MiB16,777,216 B <br />131,072 Kib <br />16,384 KiB <br />128 Mib <br />0.0156 GiB <br />|
|Siemens SpeedStream 6520 (060-N651-A20)||Texas Instruments||16 MiB16,777,216 B <br />131,072 Kib <br />16,384 KiB <br />128 Mib <br />0.0156 GiB <br />|
For a list of all currently documented Texas Instruments (TI) chipsets with specifications, see Texas Instruments.
For a list of all currently documented Siemens device with specifications, see Siemens.
|Instructions on how to bridge a SpeedStream 4200
As we seem to get asked a lot for instructions on how to bridge a SpeedStream 4200, and test
- if it bridged correctly i have copied info from the Siemens site to make it easy to find
plz note instructions are for use with ethernet and not usb,
- i suggest you only use ethernet with the 4200
Instructions for making the necessary changes are set out below:
SpeedStream 4200 to Bridge Mode
4200 Modem set-up:
- Reset the modem to ensure it is in default mode (refer instructions below).
- Type the modem's URL into the internet browser (address bar in Internet Explorer)
- Note: You need to determine the DHCP server address for the modem.
- For Windows 2000 or XP, this can be performed by selecting “Run” from the “Start” menu:
- • type cmd, then enter
- • at the DOS prompt, type: ipconfig /all, then enter
- • note the DHCP server address. This is the modem address.
- Click "Login" option. The "Username" is admin and the "Password" is admin. Then click "OK".
- Click the "Setup" option and then click the "WAN interface" option.
- If asked for a Username/Password use admin/admin
- Click under VC heading the "8/35" option.
- Click "Next>>"
- The PPPoE option should be selected and then click "Next>>" again.
- Under the heading "PPPoE Type" select the "Bridge only" option and then click "Next>>".
- Click "Finish"
- A reboot is required before the new configuration takes effect. Click the word "reboot".
- An additional "Reboot" button will be displayed. Click this "Reboot" button"
Resetting 4200 to Factory Defaults
Resetting the modem may be required if you have changed the modem’s settings
- and wish to reset it to the factory default configuration.
Note: Resetting the modem will wipe all previous configurations and you will
- need to re-enter your provider account details.
- 1. Using the tip of a ballpoint pen or unfolded paperclip, press and hold the Reset button located
- on the bottom of the router. The pwr LED will blink red once, indicating that the reset has begun.
- 2. Continue depressing the Reset button for four seconds or until the pwr LED begins to blink
- alternating red-to-green.
- 3. Release the Reset button.
Generic 4200 firmware: http://www.modemsupport.com.au/ (see left hand menu)
4200 user manual: http://www.modemsupport.com.au/
- To test the 4200 is actually running in bridge mode
connect a computer directly to the 4200 with an ethernet cable
you will need to run a windows ppp session , you can delete the ppp session
- once you have confirmed it works correctly
PC setup for running PPPoE (for Windows):
- Go to the Control Panel from the Start Menu
- Click Network Connections
- Under the Wizard heading – click “New Connection Wizard”
- At the Network Connection Type screen, click “Connect to the Internet”
- Select “Setup my connection manually”
- Select “ Connect using a broadband connection that requires a user name and password”
- @ the Connection Name Screen, type in myisp where it asks for the ISP name
- @ the Connection Availability screen select “Anyones Use”
- @ Internet Account Information screen, enter your user name and details and ensure both
- of the check boxes, are ticked ie for “use this account name and password when anyone anyone
- connects to the internet from this computer”, and “make this the default internet connection”.
- Completion of New Connection Wizard, tick “add a shortcut to this connection to my desktop”.
To go online, every time you wish to connect, double click the myisp icon, enter
- your user name and password and click “connect”.
once you confirm the above works you must remove this test setup from your computer,
- to do this go to start / settings / control panel
select internet options / select the connections tab --- click on "myisp" and select
- remove , this resets your computer back to normal.
If the above allows you to connect directly to the net then you are in bridge mode
- and ready to connect a router or wireless router to the 4200