From TechInfoDepotJump to navigationJump to search
|DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem|
|Brand • Model • Rev||
128 MiB134,217,728 B <br />1,048,576 Kib <br />131,072 KiB <br />1,024 Mib <br />0.125 GiB <br /> (NAND)
4 MiB4,194,304 B <br />32,768 Kib <br />4,096 KiB <br />32 Mib <br />0.00391 GiB <br />
512 MiB536,870,912 B <br />4,194,304 Kib <br />524,288 KiB <br />4,096 Mib <br />0.5 GiB <br />
Nanya NT5CC128M16IP-DI x 2
|Cable Modem Spec||
DOCSIS 3.0: (32 x 8)
|Ethernet Port Count||
|Expansion IF types||
12 VDC, 2 A
DOCSIS 3.1, Link aggregation
|(Est.) release date||17 May 2017|
For a list of all currently documented Broadcom chipsets with specifications, see Broadcom.
For a list of all currently documented Motorola device with specifications, see Motorola.
- 2x2 DOCSIS 3.1
- 32x8 DOCSIS 3.0
Response to a question on the Amazon page from MTRLC LLC (Motorola) dated
- 7/14/2017 says, "Model MB8600 and all Motorola products use Broadcom
- chipsets and do not have the problem associated with the Puma 6 chipset."
- Four 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet (GigE) ports allow connection of any SINGLE device with an Ethernet port including a router, Windows or Mac computer, HDTV, or game station.
- The multiple Ethernet ports are NOT for connecting multiple devices; they allow connection to a router that can bond two Ethernet ports to achieve speeds over 1 Gbps when supported by your cable service.
- Supports IPv4 and IPv6. Includes Broadcom full-band capture digital tuner to enhance speed and save energy.
- Active Queue Management (AQM) significantly reduces Internet latency, much better than popular 32x8 3.0-only cable modems.
- AQM results in faster page loads for all Web traffic and greatly enhances interactive applications like online gaming and video conferencing.
Links of Interest
GPL code release for version 8600-22.214.171.124 (Motorola Cable GPL Code Center)
Teardown with internal images by chpalmer on DSL Reports forum
- "CABLE-BCM00-0001", and "REV1.0" are silkscreened on the board.