|Wireless Access Point|
|Brand • Model • Rev||
|Ethernet Port Count||
|Expansion IF types||
PCMCIA (32-bit), Mini PCI
|Mini PCI slots||
5 VDC, 2 A
|(Est.) release date||January 2004|
|(Est.) initial retail price (in USD):||$108|
178 mm x 132 mm x 43 mm
|Radio1 module IF||
|Wireless interface OUI||
|Antenna Connector Type||
up to 54 Mbps
up to 11 Mbps
|WiFi Operating Frequency||
For a list of all currently documented Atheros (QCA) chipsets with specifications, see Atheros.
For a list of all currently documented Realtek chipsets with specifications, see Realtek.
For a list of all currently documented Renesas (KeyStream) chipsets with specifications, see Renesas.
For a list of all currently documented Gigabyte device with specifications, see Gigabyte.
This has a CardBus slot to add an additional (optional) 11a radio module (such as the Gigabyte GN-WLMA101).
Specifications are likely quite similar to the Gigabyte GN-BR404W - the toolchain for the BR404W is included in the GPL code package provided by Gigabyte.
- CONFIG_SH_7751R_GIGABYTE_PLATFORM is set in the kernel config. It is assumed to be using the same SH4 processor (Renesas HD6417751R) used by the BR404W.
The latest firmware for the device is using the Linux 2.4.20 kernel.
Addtional specifications, per Gigabyte's manual, follow...
- Operating temperature range: 0 to 40 degrees Celsius
- Storage temperature range: -20 to 65 degrees Celsius
- Humidity range: 10% to 85%, non-condensing
- Dimensions: 178 mm x 132 mm x 43 mm
- Gross weight: 320 g +- 5 g
Default settings (including the SSID) are per Gigabyte's manual.
Links of Interest
Product page w/ links to downloads (GPL code accessible as of 2013-10-09)
- The Gigabyte logo, "GC-A17GU", and "REV 1.1" is silkscreened on the top of the board. A date code of 0352 (December 2003) appears to be etched onto the bottom of the board.
- Renesas SH7751R based, as expected
- 2x ICSI RAM (IC42S16400-6T?)
- Retail price of $108 US
- On pcstats.com, dated Feb. 02, 2004
- 00:20:ED OUIs